Definition and function of cookies
What are cookies? A cookie is a file downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Among other things, cookies make it possible to store and retrieve information about a user or their machine's browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and how you use your machine, they can be used to recognise a user.
What types of cookie does this website use?
- Own cookies: These are sent to the user's machine from a machine or domain managed by the publisher itself from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user's machine from a machine or domain not managed by the publisher, but by another party which processes the data collected through cookies.
- Session cookies: This is a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website.
- Persistent cookies: This is a type of cookie where the data remain stored on the machine and may be accessed and processed for a period of time set by the party responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Analytical cookies: These are cookies processed by us or by third parties which enable us to measure the number of users and so conduct measurements and statistical analyses of what users do with the service provided.
- To do this we analyse browsing on our website in order to improve the range of products or services we supply.
- Advertising cookies: These allow the most efficient possible management of any advertising spaces the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the service requested is provided, on the basis of criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These allow the most efficient possible management of any advertising spaces the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the service requested is provided. These cookies store information about users' behaviour gathered through constant observation of their browsing habits, making it possible to create a specific profile to display advertising on the basis of this.
Moreover, it is possible that when you visit a web page or open an email message in which an advertisement or promotion for our products is published, a cookie may be installed in your browser which serves to then show advertising related to the search you carried out, monitor our advertisements, for example, through how many times they are displayed, where they appear, what time they are seen, etc.
Third-party service providers
|ci_session||Identifies the user who has begun a session on our website in order to offer them a better experience.||www.girbau.com|
|phpsessid||Allows session variables to be saved on the web server.|
|>_dc_gtm_UA-217547-1, _ga, _gcl_au, _gid||Cookie set by Analytics. This is used to distinguish between unique users by assigning a randomly-generated number as a client identifier.||Google.com|
|>GPS, PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE,YSC||Cookie set by YouTube to monitor the user's preference for the YouTube videos embedded in the websites.||www.youtube.com|
Rejecting and deleting cookies
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=en_US
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en